Why sign up?
- Discount - Get members-only drop-in packages at a discounted rate!
- Court Rental - Only members may reserve/book courts for exclusive use with family, friends, or co-workers
- Senior Special - Senior members play every Monday and Friday, from 9AM - 3PM for $4.00 only!
- Youth Special - Members under 18 years of age receive a discounted rate: $6 weekdays daytime; $9 weekdays evening and weekends.
- Additional Savings - Members get 10% off at Banh Mi Sub, and 10% off front shop items at MyHealthCare Pharmacy!
So how do I sign up?
I became a member, now what?
Members-only Drop-in Packages!
Package B: $140.00 for 16 weekday evening and weekend sessions (SAVE $20)
About drop-in play:
- Several sessions are offered everyday.
- Each session lasts 3-4 hours.
- To maximize playing time, we recommend arriving at the beginning of each session. (You can find the session times below)
- To extend your session, just pay the discounted extension rate and continue playing the next session!
- Open 7 days a week, including holidays.
Fee schedule (GST included):
|Session Time||Member Rate||Non-Member Rate||Play Time Extension|
9AM - 12PM
7PM - 11PM
9AM - 12PM
New!!! For a limited time, we are offering MONTHLY, SEMI-ANNUAL, and ANNUAL MEMBERSHIPS with HUGE SAVINGS!
** Drop-in Packages A and B are available for members, offering a discounted rate. Please refer to above section regarding membership. **
* Youth rates apply to SBC members under 18 years old.
House Rules:We strive to offer the best experience possible to all our guests. As such, we thank our guests for respecting our house rules and remaining courteous to other players at all times.
- Absolutely no black-soled/dark-coloured shoes while on badminton court.
- All matches are restricted to doubles matches to maximize the number of players on the courts. No singles games are permitted if any players are waiting for a court.
- All matches are limited to one game, up to 21 points using the rally-points scoring system. At the end of the match, players must rotate with those waiting for the court. Rotation is in effect during busy hours.
- A maximum of 2 minutes is permitted for on-court warm-up, after which a match should be started.
- If your group does not wish to play a match, you may opt to rally for a maximum of 15 minutes instead, before rotating.
- No switching players during a match or rally if other players are waiting for the court.
- No food or drinks are permitted in the court area. (bottled water is okay)
- Please be courteous and considerate to others, especially when there are players waiting to play on your court.
Monthly, Semi-Annual, and Annual Passes
Dear Valued Members:
To thank you for your patronage, we are offering new drop-in options — Monthly Pass, Semi-Annual Pass, and Annual Pass — in addition to our regular drop-in packages:
|$98 + tax
||$500 + tax
(save $92 over monthly!)
|$898 + tax
(save $291 over monthly!)
|5% OFF Pro-shop purchase||YES||YES||YES|
- LIMITED TIME OFFER
- Passes are non-transferrable and non-refundable
- Drop-in rules apply
About your court reservation:
- Court rentals can only be made by SBC members. For group reservations, at least one person must be a member.
- Reservations can be made in person or by phone. Cancellations require a 24 hour notice.
- Non-Members are required to pay a $6.00 guest fee in addition to the hourly court rental fee.
$525 for 25 hours (save $50.00)
Why pick court rentals over playing drop-in?
How many people can play on a reserved court?
Do I have to wear badminton shoes?
Why do I have to wear non-marking, non-black soled shoes to play on the courts?
Terms and Conditions
SUNRIDGE BADMINTON CENTRE (SBC) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sunridge Badminton Centre members, guests, and coaches must thoroughly review all our rules and regulations before using the SBC facility. These rules and regulations are designed to allow all members to enjoy the new facility in a way that will be safe and productive. SBC management reserves the right to change and revoke these Rules and Regulations from time to time in addition to make, change, and revoke any by-laws which may be considered necessary for the regulation of the internal affairs of the Centre. Any such changes will be notified to members immediately.
- Non-members must sign up for membership or pay a guest fee in order to use the facility, such as booking courts or drop-ins. Exceptions are those that ONLY want to make purchases from the Pro Shop.
- Members that are booking courts must reserve courts in advance prior to playing at the Centre. Reservations can be made by telephone or directly in person at the reception counter. All fees must be paid before using the courts. Those that don’t show up during the booked times cannot be changed and therefore cannot be refunded unless a notice is given 24 hours in advance.
- Members must sign in at the reception counter before playing at reserved courts or dropping in. If playing at reserved court, please verify your booking time when checking in. SBC staff members must confirm the booking. For drop-ins, if no credit is found in your card, you must pay the required drop-in fee before using the facility unless you or another member authorizes debit from another account.
- Day time “drop-in” play is divided in 3 and 4 hour time slots: from 9am to 12pm, 12pm to 3pm, and 3pm to 7pm. Participants must pay the required fee prior to play in either one of these time slots. If a participant overruns from the first to the second time slot, he/she (if applicable) will be required to pay for the extension as per our fee schedule.
- SBC Management reserves the right to limit the number of “drop-in” participants and court rental players to use the facility at any time.
- All coaching is controlled by SBC and should be arranged with its knowledge and consent. Coaching is undertaken by qualified coaches appointed by the Centre. No unauthorized coaching allowed.
- SBC cannot be held responsible for any service or equipment not being available for whatever reason. SBC reserves the right to make alterations to the type of facilities provided, without notice and in its absolute discretion and the Centre shall not be liable for any losses occurred by such alterations except in so far as such loss is by law incapable of exclusion.
- Members are not allowed to bring any outside food and drinks to the Centre, with the exception of bottled drinks. Anyone who violates this policy will have to dispose the outside food or drinks immediately or be required to leave the Centre immediately without refund.
- ABSOLUTELY no food or drinks are allowed on the playing area and badminton court mats.
- SBC pro shop merchandises and services are sold “as-is” without any warranty. No exchange or refund.
- SBC does not allow smoking, gum chewing, animals, or weapons in the facility. Anyone found to be violating this policy will be required to leave immediately without refund and may be barred from entering the facility in the future.
- Children under the age of 12 must be under adult supervision at all times. Children over the age of 7 may not enter changing rooms or other areas reserved for the opposite sex, regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
- SBC is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Items left on the premise will be kept in Lost & Found until claimed. After two weeks, unclaimed items will be donated to charity.
- Members are required to wear suitable gym apparel at the Centre. SBC management reserves the right to deny use of the Centre by any person whose attire is considered by the SBC staff to be inappropriate in connection with the public image of the club and its rules and regulations.
- Members must wear light coloured sole shoes (both non-marking and non-black sole) or badminton shoes while playing on the badminton courts. No flip flops/hiking shoes/smart casual shoes allowed. If rental shoes of appropriate size are not available, bare feet are allowed. NO black or dark sole shoes are permitted at any time.
- Members must conduct themselves in a quiet and well-mannered fashion when in the Centre and not cause any disturbances or interfere with the safe use or enjoyment of the Centre by other members.
- Obscene language, gestures, swearing, profanity, blasphemy, and other offensive behavior of any kind are not allowed. Harassment is forbidden.
- Conducting, purchasing, or subscribing to any commercial business or activity in the Centre or soliciting other participants is NOT allowed. Any complaints other than those of an emergency nature or requiring immediate attention by the SBC staff shall be made directly to the management in private.
WAIVER AND RELEASE
- Participants understand and acknowledge that SBC staff have no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating any medical condition.
- Participants acknowledge that participation or use of the facility or equipment is voluntary and assume all risk of injury.